Saturday 4 February 2017

Week 401 - Paper Piecing

Week 401 - Paper Piecing 

Good Morning, Kath here, thank you all for the lovely entries in last weeks challenge please scroll down to see if you are a winner or in our top 5 favourites. 

Our sponsor this week is Digi Stamp Boutique


All images/designs are created and copyright owned by Sally-Ann Hancock. My work means the world to me - it allows my passion to draw and create, to fit with my family life too - often the inspiration for my designs. Hope you enjoy as much as I enjoy creating.

We also have a second prize of this lovely paper pad from My Mind's Eye

                                            

Please note: If we do not comment on your entry it will be because it does not follow the theme, qualify under our rules, or because we are asked to sign in or provide additional data to comment. We do not want to be rude but we do want to be fair to those who do follow the rules.

Here are the fabulous creations from my talented team mates.

                                                                             Annie

Using sponsor image "Stewie Wedding Set"

Brenda


Kevin
Taking a break

Taking a break

Wendy
Used Digistamp Boutique Cocoa and Roses
Before linking your entry are you sure it meets our theme and challenge rules ? 

Paper piecing means stamping an image onto to card stock, then again onto paper, cutting out the paper image and then matching it and glueing over the main image.



11 comments:

Crealientje said...

Hello Dt team,
What is paper piecing.
When i look it up in google its folding of paper?
Is this right?
Hugs Crealientje.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

stunning and very varied cards dt . jane x

Fikreta said...

all cards are so nice!

hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Sherri Thacker said...

Paper piecing is my favorite technique of all techniques so I am in :).

Kathleen said...

Hi Crealienje, paper piecing is when you stamp an image onto a piece of white (or any colour really) card then you stamp it onto patterned paper and then cut out the image (or part of the image) from the patterned paper and then glue it onto the same image that you have stamped on the white card.
If you use digi images the process is the same except you print onto white card and then onto patterned paper then cut out the pattered image and again glue onto the white image.

On my card (Kath) I have paper pieced the large flowers but coloured the buds and leaves.
Paper piecing is one of my favourite things to do in crafting but if it is your first time, please choose an image that is quite easy to cut out.
Hope this helps.

Kath x

KandA said...

Another super challenge and great DT creations xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great challenge, love the DT samples and look forward to joining in. Happy crafting, Angela x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh I love the cards they are super, Love Hazelxx

Crealientje said...

Hello Kath,
Thank you for your lovely explanation!
Aussie aNNie also did this on my blog.
I made a card, and i loved to do this technique!
I don't have large stamps jet. So i picked a cute and easy one.
I linked my card today.
Again Thank you so much!
Have a nice day and hugs from Holland,
Crealientje

Crealientje said...

By the way Your card is beautiful!
I hope i can make something like this in the future. :):)
Bye.

Jenny L said...

Hi to all the DT,
such wonderful creations made by you, and such wonderful inspiration too.
Such a great theme this week and every week.
I received my winnings for last week yesterday so thank you so much.
Good luck to all that enter this week.
Thank you for all your hard work involved too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.